KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® - A CALL TO ACTION!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- On average, over 93 deaths occur each day from speeding vehicles. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- 500 children under 14 years-old were killed while walking in what should be their safe haven - their neighborhood. (NHTSA)
- Each year over 4,000 sons, daughters, mothers & fathers were killed while walking in neighborhoods or crossing streets. (NHTSA)
- Each year 2.5 million people are injured in motor vehicle incidents. (NHTSA)
- The death rate on residential streets is over twice that of
highways - measured per miles driven. (NHTSA)
- Speeding Triples the Odds of Crashing. (AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety)
- A pedestrian hit in a 30 mph speed zone is 3 times more likely to die than one hit in a 25 mph zone. (General Estimates Database of Police Reported Accidents-NHTSA)
We encourage you to browse our site for helpful information. Discover how easy it is to begin a KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® campaign in your own community! It’s easy, it’s informative and a great place to share ideas. Connect with local contacts in your state, click here to view all State Contacts.