SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!® is an initiative to educate drivers and passengers alike about the benefits of wearing seat belts. Our goal is to focus on all the good that comes out of wearing seat belts, especially when it comes to relationships with family and friends. What could be more FASTENATING than to show your care for others by wearing your seat belt and expecting others to wear theirs? There’s no law against it, SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!®
We seek to partner with schools, safety and community organizations, businesses, and more in promoting the good that comes from seat belt use.
SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!® is dedicated to the memory of Jim Everson who died February 9th, 2002. Jim was a pioneer of sorts, outfitting the family car with enough seat belts for all passengers (even in the first 10-passenger wagon) years before becoming standard equipment. He always told the kids, “This car isn't moving until everyone’s seat belt is buckled.”
For more information, please contact Tom Everson at (402) 334-1391 or Tom@kkad25.org.
Click the thumbnail advertisement below to view a full-size publication that was generously donated by Wheels For You, a publication of the Lincoln Journal Star.
SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!® - IDEAS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
- Involve school children to create posters with examples of the benefits of seat belt use. These examples answer the why of SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!®
- Engage high school students in creating in-school and community impact campaigns that focus on the benefits of wearing seat belts for people of all ages. Their peers and family members can couple this effort with seat belt count initiatives to promote greater use.
- Post SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!® signs at the exits to all school/business parking lots.
- Utilize a SEAT BELTS – FASTENATING!® dashboard sticker (which can also be placed behind the front seats) as a reminder to all on board to buckle up. Stickers can be distributed to parents, drivers of all ages, businesses, driving schools, school bus operators, etc.
- Create a brochure listing Top Ten Reasons Why Seat Belts are FASTENATING!® which the Police can pass on to motorists when making traffic stops. These can also be distributed through schools, community newsletters, local businesses, etc.
Please e-mail additional ideas to Tom Everson at Tom@kkad25.org
We encourage you to browse our site for helpful information. Discover how easy it is to begin a KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® campaign in your own community! It’s easy, it’s informative and a great place to share ideas. Connect with local contacts in your state, click here to view all State Contacts.